Now we are old

Friday, October 07, 2005

Keeping on Keeping on

The pure brilliant green of the North Carolina mountains is showing a bit of brown, yellow, red. And we breathe the cool air of fall. Don and I poisoned the poison ivy that had sprouted all along our fence line this year. And now it looks like a burned and dead fence. Five minutes a day and I can remove all of that, I tell myself, and replant with myrtle or the plant I call myrtle to stay green all winter.

Daily, I write my pages, three of them. Lately, I am cleaning out all of those accumulated years of pages.
Interestingly, I am finding experiences and feelings I no longer remember, all that about Russia and Greece and old love affairs. The best part is what I stir up about members of the family. Those are precious and well worth the pages I've used, now rotting and slightly mildewed. Some of them I will reprint in here to make us all smile.

The tomato plants were packed with so many tomatoes that we were able to share and Don even put up some of his good tomato sauce. The bean plants also thrived. We have bottles and wide mouthed bottles of them to eat all winter.

I concentrate on doing Fly Lady chores, maintaining the internet messages, blessing the house, reading, working on a current project, right now ordering all the photographs, considering my blessings, walking the dogs, doing my exercises, keeping clean clothes and a shiny sink. The "ladies who lunch" are well and gathering still at noon and with them I work the puzzles that will keep my neurons firing, I hope. In the evening I knit the dishcloths, watch a film or PBS or play Scrabble with Don. Sounds pretty ordinary. Maybe I need to scramble things up.

And the world does turn through war, hurricanes and flooding, outrage over the mishandling of state affairs, pleasure at the loveliness of nature, love for my fellow beings, depression, a bit of mania, "getting through the night".

I'll add a new report soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home