Now we are old

Sunday, September 09, 2007

September 9, 2007

Remembering that great short story about the man contemplating the fly in the ink, I have a similar tale to tell about the spider in my sink this morning. If ever I see a spider in a sink or a tub, I often try to get him out because I remember that Rory Wagner would always put a towel in the tub to help the spider out. This time I was too busy and just said goodbye to the spider and washed him down the drain. A little while later I came back to the sink and seeing him looking pretty vanquished but back up in the sink, I just washed him down again and used a good bit of water making sure that he would be gone. I came back and there he was, like Charlotte, I thought. And so, recognizing that this was a spider of courage and determination I took a kleenex and gently moved him to the counter. May he live in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home