Now we are old

Monday, November 10, 2008

From a found, old letter to Susan and Peter M.

Thank you for the letter; it makes us feel good to know you're still alive. The dress for Sharon won't fit her long but is very pretty. Richard loved the badges; they were very good. It will be my birthday soon and I want badges too. I want a whooping crane badge most.

It was nice to read about you Peter. Sue, you will have to keep all his clippings, people are so impressed with them

Surely you have received the geneology stuff by now. It was sent at least 2 weeks ago. Let me know if it's there yet.

We are going to swim this afternoon at the college. Mary took her bathing suit with her to school in a huge sack. She felt she needed to even tho she'll come home before we go. She's very efficient and maybe bright. She's certainly independent.

Outside is all green It's been raining for 2 weeks and green is all you see out the window. It looks good and bright but wet.

Your daddy made some etchings of me that are good. He won an award in Tulsa. He hasn't ha time to send things out to contests because he's so busy with one man shows.

Jenny will be a tulip in the school play, a yellow tulip. She almost made the 3rd grade track team. She is a little weepy about it. She has 2 teeth out in front but she 's prettier than she's ever been

Richard wanted to decorate his room so we gave him $5.00 to start. He spent it all for black light paint. His rats stink. He was stage manager for the school play, Tom Sawyer; Chuck was an old man in a night shirt.

I want your daddy to make me a sign for the car offering people rides so they won't have to drive their cars and pollute, but he won't. I will I guess. The car's always going; I think it's only sensible

Sharon had a piano recital. She had the shakiest hands and played best of anyone there. She is good at this too just as at everything else. She has been taking lessons from Marie Thompson. Marie says she's remarkable good. We have an ugly piano but Sharon doesn't care. Maybe Chuck will get lessons for his birthday. Maybe Alan too.

Peter is growing up. He stands up for what he thins is right; he's honest and probably going to turn out a good man; but he's driving me out of my mind with his loud voice, his wild hours and his changeable mind.

Sounds like you're still having good breakfasts and getting along well. There was a riot forecast for New Haven, Conn; be careful. Behave yourselves. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home