Now we are old

Friday, January 12, 2007

Back to Blogging

Now then back to blogging. Instead of pages I can write my thoughts here to keep you all informed (all usually means one reader, I know that, It's just the idea of it that interests me) about the state of the old lady who is surprised every day by the blessings amassed and the aging mechanism in play. For instance, going to the New Year's party for the Scottish Country Dancers, great fun and tradition and much too much great food, taught me that I haven't hopped, yes hopped, in years and what a surprise to find that I have more weight to carry up on that hop than I can quite manage. Oh dear.

Well, being aware is the first part of learning isn't it? And now that I'm aware of hopping again, I practice. Step close step hop. The right hop isn't too bad, the left hop "sucks." I remember the very day that we learned to skip in kindergarten. I can picture the circle of children. And what an achievement it was. Hopping is involved in skipping. I intend to attend the practice sessions for novices to the Scottish Country Dancing so I must manage to skip and hop around the house.

I watched a fine film of one more portrayal of Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice lately. The dancing in that film was not that different from the SCD. A line dance of sorts with taking of hands and rotating of selves and mingling and scattering and walking down the sides or through the middle and hopping. Lovely. Come join us in our learning if you are close by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home