Now we are old

Thursday, March 29, 2007

March 29, 2007

You know that blog entry below from my niece Audrey is such a lovely reminder that we can do something after all about this prolonged war. I have been ambivalent because I don't know if bringing the soldiers (someone said that "troops" is a stupid word, as in, is one of them a "troop"?), because I am not sure that leaving now will not produce a chaos that will expand from Iraq to middle east and on to the whole world. I wait a bit to decide my "way" and, in the meantime, pray for those young men and women serving "their country" as they do believe, and especially dear Zachary Darras my grandson who is about to embark to Iraq where he will be driving a striker and using all kinds of new technologically sound war instruments.

There is a book that has been circulating belonging to Mane Judy called, The Great Silent Grandmother Gathering, that addresses, in its way, this standing together for purpose. For revolution? As does Audrey, Anne Lamott suggests a day for the standing when we can all be there together. I'm with her. Let's have that day. And everyone of us stand together on a corner or in a field. I'll check back with Audrey and Anne L. I'll let you know time and place. I'll be there.

If you would like to read this book, send me an "e" and it is on its way to you. Love and all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home