Now we are old

Saturday, January 27, 2007

A quote from R. Lafon about the State of the Union addresses

"First of all, I was about as proud of our president as I ever could be… I was very proud of the politeness, courtesy and civility shown by both parties throughout…."

<>"And then, the Democratic response: I was proud of myself for helping to raise funds for the Democratic Party this year -- that helped to elect a candidate like Jim Webb. I was extremely proud that, first of all they picked him, and second of all, that he really did bring us back to reality!!! What a great speech. Very effective! He did it with a minimum of rhetoric, but still managed to say, exactly what’s on the minds of most Americans -- those that even care – he used his quotes from Theodore Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower effectively… and did it “point-on”…. Excellent job! I thought it also good that he offered, gently, to tutor our President, and try to help him find the way…"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home