Now we are old

Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Question about Capitalism

Am I the only one who sees Capitalism as evil? As evil as Communism badly administered? The rich get rich and the poor stay poor under Capitalism. The products are made more cheaply every year so that the profit is larger for the stockholders. No one seems to worry about the purchasers or the people who worked to make the product. THE BOTTOM LINE they say.
Once, it was explained to me by my only wealthy beaux. I just use my money as my tool, my shovel. It does the work and I am paid for that work. Okay, fine. And maybe Capitalism properly administered would be tolerable. Not so now. We in America subsidize our farmers and fruit and coffee growers so that they can sell their products more cheaply than those of the third world who have no subsidation. How does the World Bank work? If you are rich, if you privatize, including your water, then we will loan you millions to upgrade your economy, (ah but don't privatize your oil). Just fuck the natives. They don't vote anyway. Put your trash heaps and sewers near the poor, "they don't vote anyway."
One more thing: Support the dictators or corrupt presidents if they take good care of their wealthy. If as in the case of Cuba the rich are run off by a movement to upgrade lives of the poor, then put an embargo on them and keep trade away.
Too simplistic? Educate me. Instruct me in why the white collar crime is punished differently than the blue collar crime. Let me know why we can snicker at cocaine but send the crack users to jail, to the poor man's jail. I don't know much about this. I only want to learn more. Seems wrong somehow.
Tell me I am wrong. I'd love to hear about it. I know that I don't know much about economics. Let me know. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home