Now we are old

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Rather Selfish

How selfish I was in writing my hopes. Of course, I, influenced by Ahn Rand, believe that every act is selfish. But still...

I do hope for the people of Africa, especially, and India and China and all who are living with poverty, HIV-Aids, TB and malaria, that we of the world may find ways to correct this. I hope that birth control can save those and other people who have more babies than they can care for.

I hope that Israel and Palestine can get their act together. I hope that our armies can leave Iraq, in stable condition, before many more of us and them have to die.

And that all of us who profess to follow Christ, Mohammad, Buddha, all religions, can behave like Christ, Mohammad or Buddha, remembering that love can govern as well as hate.

I hope that we, the people, may use our fierce intellect to discover ways to live that will not destroy this planet and that we will learn globalization that benefits all the people and not just governments and corporations.

I hope that government will care more for the governed than for their own greed and for the corporations. That people will use their votes to make this happen.

I hope for love, peace, joy patience and gratitude.

Enough....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home