Now we are old

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Yeah, I Recycle, That's What Co-dependents Do!

From www.thebratfactor.com

I have a lovely habit: At night in my prayers I touch
everyone I have seen that day. I shape my heart like
theirs and theirs like mine. Saint Teresa of Avila

I read that the Buddhist's have a practice called "metta."
In a traditional setting, "metta": is done like a meditation.
Using these four statements:

May you feel protected and safe.
May you feel contented and pleased.
May your physical body provide you with strength.
May your life unfold smoothly with ease.

In the practice of "metta" we start by praying for the four
things above for the self first and then for a person we
respect, like a teacher or minister; then a person we love;
then a person we're neutral about; and then a person we might
be challenged by. I am adding one more "person" to do this
for, (sorry Buddha for changing your teaching) add your brat
even though she doesn't have a physical body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home