Now we are old

Saturday, September 06, 2008

News From Deb

Zac is back in Ft. Lewis enjoying his new car and taking to be quite the responsible man. He has not had anything to drink since he bought his car, and was surprised at how much $ he saves.....I need to write my feelings about him sometime if i can....he has grown up/changed in many ways. Really loves and appreciates his family.

Malan Anthony is loving LA....went to his first movie screening (vince vaughn? I had to ask who is that? like a complete dork) loves AA and is finding great friends out there.

Rachel loves her job and Nick is happier than ever.......Malan Christopher had a bit of a melt down and cried to come home, but realizes he was just missing his friends and school is starting here in two days so I think he just panicked a little bit. We are arranging a visit home so he can see everyone before his school starts in Sept. I miss him like crazy.

Went to visit Ben this weekend, he looks good, but tired. I worry that the wear and tear is getting to him, but he has been sick alot too, and battling allergies and mosquitoes. I took some meds down for his teacher to take in to him.

Called Dad, he sounded good........good days bad days. Alan doesn't come by as much any more....hope to go visit soon

Oh, and bought another car.................empty nest crisis.........has lots of gadgets no normal person really needs..........the car told me my tire pressure was low.........OBama would be so proud.

And to continue:

Well, the family is all gone. Rachel, Malan Christopher and Nick left on Monday. They have arrived in Yorkville, IL yesterday, and are unloading today into their new apt. Rachel starts to work on Friday. It is cooler there she says. Malan seems to be having a fun time. It will be an adjustment for them to move from a house with a back yard for the dog, to an apt with a dog and a 12 year old and no yard. This is Nick's first time to have a full-time child...........well Rachel's too so it is going to be an adjustment. But they seem to be doing fine so far.
Malan Anthony and Zac left today. Malan A. from Tulsa at about 10am and Zac from here at about noon. We had lunch together before he left. He is not an experienced diver and the 2000 mile trip is a bit overwhelming, but he called me after he was 80 miles out and again when he got to Kansas. He has a navigator device with him as does Malan to help them know when to turn and where to go. That is a GREAT help. They both say I need one of those since I have always been directionally challenged. All those hours lost and now a little device that sits on your dash and tells you turn left in 1/4 mile in a variety of voices you can program in.
I am left with the two cats and lots of clutter from going thru stuff. I am putting together a program for the kids at chuch to perform on the 24th of Aug, trying to be primary pres....and not feeling very good about my job so far. I have paint and boxes and hope to get rid or at least pack up lots of junk and sort out my life. Or maybe I will just go to bed and watch tv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home